This class is very hands on and you will be doing all the decorating yourself. Class runs for approximately 3.5 to 4 hours.
You will decoarte an 6" round cake, which you get to take home to enjoy. Our classes are not just about creating a beautiful cake in class but also about giving you as much information and resources you need to be able to create your own gorgeous cakes on an ongoing basis.
WHAT THIS CLASS COVERS
• Demonstration on how to make ganache
• How to cut and fill your cake with ganache
• How to use the lid method to get a nice sharp edge
• how to prepare/roll and apply fondant to a 6" round foam
• how to use paints/colours and gold leaf
• Prepare cake board
• Make a top decoration and decorate cake with ribbon.
Suitable for those with little or no experience with baking and decorating cakes.
Light refreshments are provided (E.g. Tea, Coffee and Biscuits)
Classes are held in our Cake Studio located at Croydon. Address will be provided upon booking and confirmation of payment. Design Me A Cake is fully registered with the City of Charles Sturt Council and Insured for Public and Product Liability.
Single Tier - Ganaching and Covering
All tools and materials are provided for you in class. However, we recommend that you
• Bring your amazing, creative self!
• An apron to protect your clothing.
• We advise that you don’t wear clothes with long fibres as these often end up in your fondant!
• Long hair to be tied back, as no one likes hair in their cake
• Please leave your beautiful jewellery at home
• Closed and comfortable shoes